top of page
  • Writer's pictureCrystal Faircloth

Fire Damages Vape Shop

Updated: Nov 21, 2022

An early morning fire caused major damage to the Lake Vape Shop today (Monday).

Fire Marshall Shannon Blackman said the fire was reported at 3:51 a.m. at the former BB&T building in the Hills shopping center. The blaze apparently started in the attic area over the drive thru awning, he said.

The inside of the store sustained major smoke damage.

"We can't rule out an electrical issue," Blackman said.

Firefighters began clearing the scene around 6:30 a.m.

Lake Waccamaw firefighters were assisted by Bolton, Buckhead and Hallsboro. Lake Waccamaw Fire and Rescue, the fire marshal's office and Emergency Management also responded.

599 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page